May 23, 2014

Maple Brussels Sprouts

In an effort to eat less carbs and eat a little healthier in general, I am trying to keep more vegetables on hand (thank you, haymarket!).  For those times when I am out of the fresh version in the fridge, I have stock piled a few frozen veggies.  Enter frozen brussels sprouts.  I'm the weirdo who actually looks forward to brussels sprouts at Thanksgiving dinner.  However, for this side dish, I decided to spruce them up a bit one of my favorite condiments. 

The frozen veggies aren't half bad, but I would definitely prefer them fresh if you have them!

I've been in a bit of a cooking rut lately (hence the frozen meat balls pictured below), but am looking forward to kicking off Memorial Day weekend tonight with some grilling and a yummy side-salad I have planned.  Stay tuned :)

Side note, who doesn't love  meat balls?  Highly recommend these enormous ones from Market Basket.  I believe they are actually called "colossal size".  So. good.  And while I'm on the topic of Market Basket (and babbling), I had to check out one of their stores in Chelsea, MA today for work.  I have never seen a nicer or bigger Market Basket.  If it weren't off of the craziness of Route 1, I would totally do my weekly shopping there.

What's in the fridge:
Brussels sprouts
Maple syrup
salt (sel de la mer if you have it)

Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Drizzle maple syrup over brussels sprouts on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sel de la mer
- Bake for approx 20-30 minutes, flipping them half way through
 


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment