May 1, 2014

Avocado with egg and tofu salad

I have been just horrible at posting lately!  I've been cooking and taking pictures of what I've been cooking... but haven't quite made it to the final step of posting.  Recently, I bought my very first package of tofu when at the grocery store at a random time when I seemed to be the only one in the whole store.  It was great!  

Side note: for as much as a love food, I hate grocery shopping.  However, I fully recognize that what I actually hate is having to deal with crowds.  So, I loved it when I found myself able to take the time to discover new (to me) products and break free of my "get in - get out" mentality.  If you find me at the store shortly before closing on a Friday night, you know why.

Anyway, back to the tofu.

What's in the fridge:
- Tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tomato, chopped

Directions:
- Start a pot of water boiling with 2 eggs in it.  Let eggs cook for about 3 minutes once boiling.
- Heat up skillet and coat with olive oil
- Add tofu to skillet and let cook about 3 minutes, or until browned on one side.  Flip tofu so that all sides are browned to your taste

Tofu in skillet

Browning tofu
- Once tofu is cooked, mix with tomatoes to make a tofu tomato salad.  Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, peel eggs and put in in the avocado where the seed used to be.
- Season with salt and pepper.



This was messy, but I always wanted to put an egg in an avocado!  Next time I'll probably pre-scoop the avocado so that it's easier to eat.

Bon Appetit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment