November 7, 2013

Creamy pasta with fried artichokes

Alrighty, here we go, my first post on an iPhone... With iPhone pics!  Can you tell the difference?

I am currently working with a Québec company that makes Middle Eastern style cheeses (Le Bédouin, coming soon to a Middle Eastern store near you!), and I was psyched to receive some samples to try out.  I ate the Haloumi before I could snag some pictures.  You actually grill the cheese on a skillet... So good!  I also have Labneh, which is a cross between sour cream and yogurt.  Not quite sure what to do with it (suggestions welcome!), so I threw it in some pasta like I often do with sour cream.

I absolutely must start shopping more at Middle Eastern grocers, super affordable and so many new products to explore! 

What's in the fridge
Pasta for one
1/2 a tomato, chopped
1 large spoonful Labneh
Olive oil
10 quartered artichoke hearts
1 cup breadcrumbs


Directions
- Cook pasta
- Meanwhile, heat skillet to med-hi with a couple of tbsps of olive oil. Once hot, dip artichoke hearts in breadcrumbs then place in the skillet.  Brown each side (2-3 min each side)



- Remove artichoke hearts and set aside.
- Add the drained cooked pasta to the same pan and add the tomatoes and Labneh.
- Mix well and keep on simmer for about 5 minutes
- Plate and serve!




Bon appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment