What's in the fridge:
1 bunch of Swiss Chard washed
2 TBSP minced garlic
2 TBSP olive oil
1/3 cup walnuts
1/4 cut red wine vinegar
2 slices of bread
Bacon cooked crispy
- Cut red stems of Swiss Chard into one inch pieces. Roughly cut the leaves.
- Heat pan to med-hi olive oil then add garlic and walnuts. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes to roast the garlic and walnuts.
|Roasting garlic and walnuts|
- Remove walnuts & garlic and set aside.
- Add red wine vinegar and red stem leaves to the hot pan. Turn down to medium and let cook for 5-7 minutes, until most of the vinegar has evaporated.
|Red stems in red wine vinegar|
- Next, add in the green leaves and the walnut/garlic mixture. Stir together.
|Add in greens and walnuts|
- Continue to cook while you make the sandwiches.
- Sandwiches! Really, all you need to know are the ingredients. You've read through this far, so I have faith in your sandwich making capabilities :)
Toast the bread, spread on the pesto, pile on sliced tomato, brie and bacon... et voila!