Kale isn't necessarily the first thing you would think of for a brunch side, but this hit the mark! I had some in my fridge after an impulse buy at Haymarket this week... so, a true fridgespiration ;)
What's in the fridge:
2 handfuls of kale, rinsed
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP minced garlic
(eggs, white vinegar & english muffins for the main dish)
- Heat skillet to med with olive oil
- Break up kale into bite-size pieces and put in skillet
- After about 3 minutes, add the minced garlic
- Continue mixing the kale and garlic with a wooden spoon for approx 3-4 minutes so the garlic doesn't burn.
|Kale and garlic in the skillet|
- Meanwhile, make poached eggs and toast english muffins. I put about 1 tsp of white vinegar in the boiling water before adding the eggs. It helps the egg whites congeal.
Plate & Serve!