What's in the fridge?
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1 container sliced mushrooms
3 slices of lemon
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp beer
3/4 cup uncooked rice
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then coat with flour
|flour coated chicken|
- Warm deep skillet to med-high and coat with olive oil
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides, about three minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add beer to skillet and scrape the brown bits with a spatula. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 7 minutes
|mushrooms and beer, a last minute tasty addition|
- Return chicken back to skillet with mushrooms, add chicken broth and three slices of lemon. Let simmer for at least 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions
|All ingredients in the skillet|