The whole idea behind fridgespiration is making a meal with whatever happens to be in the fridge at the time. Sometimes this turns into pasta with microwaved frozen meatballs -not blog worthy- and sometimes I have a slightly more creative meal in mind. Othertimes, however, it will start out as the former and I don't even bother getting the camera out... but then it takes a turn for the better and is unexpectedly delicious. This is one of those, which explains why there is only one end picture... a few bites into the meal.
What's in the fridge:
2 chicken breasts
1 cup salsa (mine was leftover from this recipe)
1 egg, whisked
1 cup breadcrumbs (italian seasoned, or add your own seasons)
1/3 cup red wine
- Heat skillet to med-high to high with a few tablespoons of olive oil
- Slice the chicken breasts very thin
- Dip the chicken in the egg then the breadcrumbs then into the skillet
- Brown on both sides (about 4 minutes per side)
- Once all the browning of the chicken is done (you will likely need to do this for 2-3 skillets full to brown all the chicken) add the salsa and red wine and turn the heat to low.
- Mix the ingredients gently and serve when the salsa is warm.
Side note: looking forward to learning to take better food pictures. If only it could look as good as it tasted! You'll have to take my word for it, or give it a try yourself :) Happy cooking!