1 package Butternut Squash Raviolis
1/2 red onion
1/2 package baby bella mushrooms
2 good spoonfuls garlic savory creme fraiche
Bluecheese for topping
|What's in the fridge|
1 Tbsp sugar
Walnuts for topping (handful)
Olive oil (for sauteing)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
- Start water boiling for ravioli
- Slice onion thinly, chop what you can't slice without cutting yourself :)
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Once heated add onions.
- After 2-3 minutes of cooking the onions, add the sugar and salt to taste to carmelize the onions. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes until they look like this :
- Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- The water should be boiling at this point - add the ravioli
- Add more olive oil to the pan and add mushrooms. Once they are almost done (about 7 minutes) add 2 tsp minced garlic
|Add the garlic|
- Add onions back to pot and push mixture to the side:
- Drain the ravioli and add them to the side of the pan not used by the mushroom/onion mixture.
- Turn up the heat to high and let the raviolis brown
- Once they are browned, turn the heat to low and add the creme fraiche. Fold/stir the mixture and keep it on low heat for a few minutes to let the creme fraiche reach the correct temperature.
- Plate and top with blue cheese and walnuts to your liking!
- Onions would be better chopped (mostly for appearance)
- Apparently I like one pot dishes - it would save time to brown the raviolis in a separate large skillet
- Lemon and extra sharp cheddar in the original picture were not used.
- Creme fraiche can easily be replaced with sour cream... if it happens to be in your fridge!