It looks delicious, and I'm going to give it another go, when my puffed pastry doesn't look like this:
Thankfully my trusty roommate Steph had a pie crust in the freezer... time to try my first quiche.
What's in the fridge:
Pie Crust (thanks Steph!)
4 cloves of garlic
1 red onion halved and sliced
2/3 of the 24 oz package of mushrooms - sliced
2/3 of the package of baby spinach
1/2 a can of artichoke hearts - chopped
About 1/3 cup of milk
Goat cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Roast the garlic (wrap garlic about 2 tsp of olive oil tightly in tinfoil and bake for about 30 minutes)
- Put the pie crust in the oven for about 7 minutes. When done, rub the roasted garlic on the bottom of the pie crust
|Always add roasted garlic!|
- In a pot, saute the mushrooms in olive oil until they are soft (about 7 min)
- On low heat, add the spinach to the mushrooms and salt to taste and cover until spinach is wilted (about 7 min)
- Add the artichoke hearts to the spinach/mushroom mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Now time to make the quiche. Spread the onion on the bottom of the pie crust. Then add the spinach/mushroom/artichoke mixture. Mix together the five eggs and the milk and then pour on top of the quiche.
- Put in the oven for about 45 minutes... and wait patiently.
|Quiche before going into the oven|
This is a definite repeat! deeeeelish.