So, if you make potato chips at home, they are healthy.... right? ;)
I've been hugely MIA lately. Fridgespiration is a great winter-time activity. It's not that I don't cook in the summer - but who wants to spend any extra time behind a computer when there are kayaks waiting to be paddled and mountains waiting to be hiked?!?!
Lucky for you, we have had our first snow, so Fridgespiration is BACK. Enjoy!
What's in the fridge:
Amounts for this one are totally up to you - how hungry are you? How garlicky do you want your chips?
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Slice potatoes very thinly. Julienne slicer shown here:
|Julienne slicer in action|
- Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl and mix together with desired amount of olive oil and garlic salt
|Add olive oil|
- Spread out potatoes on a baking sheet so that they don't overlap too much.
|Ready to go in the oven|
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes. Keep an eye on them, and rotate the baking sheets so that they are evenly cooked. Lesson learned - those in the back in this photo were a bit too burnt.
|Fresh out of the oven|
- Plate and serve! We had these chips at lunch today with a ham & cheese sandwich topped with an egg.
|Making the rest of the meal|