What's in the fridge:
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 TBSP pesto
- 1/2 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 large slices of tomato
- 4 heaping spoonfuls of ricotta cheese
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 chicken sun-dried tomato sausages
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
|Sausage, portabellas and corn|
- Start large pot of water boiling for corn
- Heat grill
- Remove the inside stem of the mushrooms
- Spread evenly (half on each mushroom) the garlic and then the pesto
- Meanwhile, cook chicken sausage and portabellas on the grill for 8-10 minutes, turning sausages half way through.
- Plate and sprinkle fresh chives (the only herb to survive my black thumb!) on ricotta cheese.
Next time, I'll then throw the portabellas under the broiler to brown the ricotta cheese.