Not necessarily the most exciting meal to cook, but I am always trying to come up with new lunch options, especially for during the work week.
It's Sunday night of a wonderful summer weekend, here's hoping that this summer salad helps me ease into Monday.
What's in the fridge:
1 cup of couscous (uncooked)
1 yellow squash
4 slices ham
4 slices swiss cheese
4 TBSP flavored olive oil or light dressing
1 TBSP lemon juice
- Cook couscous (boil 1C water, add couscous, turn off heat and continue to stir with a wooden spoon until fluffed)
- Transfer couscous to big mixing bowl and pour on one TBSP olive oil (Parmesan flavored here)
- Meanwhile, hard boil 2 eggs
- Dice all ingredients (including eggs when ready) and add to couscous
- Poor on lemon juice and olive oil / dressing and mix thoroughly
This should last at least one week for 5 lunches. I recommend having it over a little bed of lettuce for some crunch.