May 16, 2013

Egg Drop Kale Soup

I went to a talk hosted by a nutritionist this week and learned that even though kale chips are awesome and seemingly healthy, baking the kale takes out all the good nutritional value.  Wicked bummer.  However, second to eating it raw, putting kale in soup is a great option because all of the healthy goodness stays in the broth.  Lucky for you, I didn't use all my kale for my last batch of kale chips, so I tried a fridgespiration kale soup.  Enjoy!

What's in the fridge:
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch kale (washed and roughly chopped)
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 eggs

Directions:
- Bring chicken broth to a soft boil and add sesame oil
- Add in kale and let simmer for about 5 minutes

Adding in kale
- Stir in 2 eggs until they congeal

Adding in eggs
Adding in eggs
- Continue to let simmer for another 3-4 minutes

Finished soup
- Divide into two bowls and serve


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment