While maybe not what you would think of for a cold Saturday night at home, this salmon is a delicious meal anytime of year. I can't take full credit, it's also my dad's specialty.
What's in the fridge:
- Cedar plank (non-treated)
- Salmon for two
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- One bunch of asparagus
- Olive oil
- Soak cedar plank for at least 30 minutes
- Heat grill to med-high/high
- Place salmon on cedar plank and smother with maple syrup and juice of lemon
- Place on grill and cook for approx 25 minutes, until translucent
- Cut ends off of asparagus, drizzle with olive oil and place on grill (or in grill basket as shown here)
|Salmon and asparagus on grill|
|Maple salmon fresh off the grill|
My proportions in the photos above are way more than for 2 people as instructed in the recipe. I love this meal, which is why I wanted to make sure to have enough for left overs. That said, you can only have salmon so many meals in a row. When in doubt, throw it in an omelette for a yummy breakfast for dinner meal :)
This omelette includes 2 eggs, a splash of water, left over salmon, swiss cheese to taste, S&P to taste.
Bon Appetit for the next night too!