March 12, 2015

Cooking with Halloumi

Friends!  I'm back and newly refreshed and revamped!  

Did you notice that fridgespiration has a new and improved look and layout?  Two features that I am most excited about are that you can now search easily for my original receipes as well as some of my favorites taken from other sources.  I've been a little MIA lately because I've been enjoying delving into old cookbooks and food magazines.  Why not share these great finds with you too?  Stay tuned, I will be posting these types of posts soon.

But for now, a fridgespiration about cheese.  Fried cheese.  Need I say more?

...

Cooking with Halloumi is fun and delicious.  It's a middle eastern style cheese that is now becoming available in main stream grocery stores.  You'll likely see it more in the summer since it's often marketed as a grilling cheese, but it's just too good to be seasonal.

To pan-fry Halloumi, just slice and cook on med-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side.  It will get a golden brown of crunchy cheese delishisness. 

The other night I paired it with some pan fried chicken sausage - a staple in my house for last minute emergeny meals!  For a little more substance, the cheese was served on sliced tomato.










Bon Appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment