My goal for this recipe was to have some leftovers to keep in the freezer for easy dinners in the future. It was yummy fresh and hopefully will be just as good on the next go-around!
What's in the fridge:
6 green peppers
1 C uncooked brown rice
1 lb ground beef (85%)
1/2 TBSP cumin
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 bag fresh spinach
1/2 can tomato sauce
1 C shredded Monterey Jack
- Start rice cooking according to package directions
- Cut off tops of peppers and clean out the seeds. Place them on their sides under the broiler on high until they start to blister. Rotate every couple of minutes.
- Remove from the oven when they are roasted to your liking and preheat the oven to 350.
- Heat a pan to medium with a little olive oil and cook ground beef with cumin. This should take approx 7-10 minutes.
|Ground beef and cumin|
- Heat a little olive oil in a deeper pan and cook the minced garlic on med-low for about 2 minutes. Add in spinach and cook until it is wilted and starting to create its own juice.
|A full stove is a happy stove.|
- Combine together the spinach, beef, cooked rice and tomato sauce.
- Fill the peppers with the beef mixture and top with cheese.
- Cook for 10 minutes in the oven.