What was in the fridge:
1 head of Cauliflower - chopped into bitesize pieces
1 Cup quinoa
6 mushrooms - sliced
3 TBSP garlic oil
1 large tomato - diced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 a bag of fresh spinach
Parmasean cheese for topping
- Start the quinoa cooking based on package directions (mix one cup quinoa with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil then cover and let sit simmer for 15 minutes on low heat)
- Meanwhile, in a large pot steam the cauliflower in water. I boil about 2 inches of water, then put the cauliflower in a vegetable steamer in the water and cover - for about 10 minutes.
- Start the balsamic reduction. Put the vinegar in a sauce pan on medium heat. When it starts bubbling turn on low for about 10 minutes (or until reduced by half and syrup consistency)
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil.
By now your stove should look like this: full.
- One the cauliflower is done (about 10 minutes). Drain and return back to the pot. Add the garlic oil (or just olive oil and some minced garlic) and tomatoes. Turn on low heat.
|Cauliflower, garlic oil and tomato|